Monday, November 1, 2010

I've had it up to my eyeballs!

For those that know me, they know that I am not a political person. The two things that you don't discuss in public are religion and politics. There are probably more in this list, but those come to mind. Anyway, I got an email from a good friend the other day that contained a link to this, what I'll call a crap video on YouTube. My response to my friend was not pleasant. But, I've been thinking about it for a few days and responded to him with the following. I'm just curious if there are any other people out there that feel the same as I do right now.

Well, I’m sure that got your attention. However, I should have included more information on my response and why I did it. So, here goes…

I have had it up to my eyeballs with negativity and your email hit me at exactly the right (or maybe wrong) time. I am so sick and tired of hearing what the other person (be that person a Catholic, Muslim, White, Black, Gay, Straight, Democrat, Republican, etc. and etc.) did wrong and is continuing to do wrong. On the Political front, I have heard exactly ONE political ad stating (and he spoke personally) what he stands for and what he is doing and is going to do. Unfortunately, he’s not in my county and therefore I can’t vote for him.

I have, again, hit a point that I’m going to stop watching the news and reading the newspaper. I don’t want to read about all the murders, robberies, etc. I want to read what the girl scouts are doing or the local not-for-profit organizations that provide support for those in need. I want to hear about talking walks in the park. I want to hear about love stories. I want to hear about the positive things that people are doing (and again be it a Catholic, Muslim, White, Black, Gay, Straight, Democrat, Republican, etc. and etc.).

So if my note upset you in any way, I apologize for that. If you have good stories, jokes, etc. please continue to send those. Those I will read or watch and greatly enjoy.

As a side, maybe I’ll put this on my blog and see if there are any other people that feel the same as I do.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Uncle Ron said...

I call my e-mail address the DEAD LETTER office...I have friends who e-mail me those awful,awful letters which I'm suppose to IMMEDIATELY send back out to my other e-mail friends or my toes will fall off when I go to bed or I will be struck by lightning the minute I walk out my door...

These kind of e-pistols (a little humor here) I send to my DEAD LETTER trash can...(BAM!)

I have asked some of these friends to take me off their lists but they some how never do...I sure wish I wasn't related to some of them...hehe