Friday, November 12, 2010

Aspect Ratio - again (Updated)

So, I got my new video adapter yesterday and was playing with it a bit. At first glance, I got troubles.. First, when I installed it into my computer my network card stopped working (aka. no network or internet access) and second, when I set it for the correct resoution, the picture appeared to still have the wrong aspect ratio. I downloaded the latest software/driver for the card (112MB) and will give it another try today.

I sure hope that I can get this runnning ok.. :-(

Hurray, I finally got it. I was able to set the resolution to 1920x1080, which is the natural resolution for the monitor. The image displayed in Photoshop is now correct.

Image size in Photoshop
5.35 H
4.415 W
1.21=5.35/4.415

Measured image on the screen
7.375 H
6.125 W
1.2=7.375/6.125

1.21 to 1.2 is close enough for me. Actually it's most likely right on. I used a manual ruler to measure the image on the screen so I could be off. But, bottom line I'm happy again.. :-)


And thanks again Sean, you had the answer...

2 comments:

Ray said...

Your internet (network) may have shut down as a precaution while you were trying to install that driver, because your anti-virus/firewall/whatever may have seen all that as a possible attack and closed it down, if you forgot to temporarily turn off the security while doing that.

Tommy said...

Ya ray, I'm not sure exactly what happened to the network. But, it's up now and running just fine. Will the wonders of these compter thingies never cease? :-)

FYI, I had not shut down the Antivirus, but it didn't issue any messages. So, I don't know..