Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oh man - woman vs. man?

I need some assistance. I know that that there is and probably will be forever, this male/female difference, no matter what some people might claim. There are physical and emotional differences.

OK, so given that I honestly believe that there are differences, I ask the females that are reading this to please jump in with an opinion.

First some background, I have not been feeling very well (cold/flue/fever/whatever) lately, a friend says that I have the punies (whatever that is). So I don’t feel well and whenever I don’t, I go into a complete different place. I get angry/emotional/depressed or anything else you want to describe, so I will readily admit to some fault here. To say the least, this past week has not been fun in our home. I scream, my wife screams…fortunately its Halloween time so screaming is normal, I guess :-(

Here we go: (God help me!) Act 1 scene 1:

I’m sitting on the couch and my wife announces to me that the lights are out in the refrigerator. I being the good husband get up and go to investigate. I find that the plastic surface of the control panel, to which the mounting screws hold onto, has melted, therefore the panel holding the lights and controls is now dangling in mid-air. Obviously something is wrong and I suspect this might be a manufacturing defect or something like that. But, just to make sure, I ask my wife ‘is there a possibility that the door might have been left ajar by mistake’. Now mind you, I tried to ask this question with no accusation as to blame, but simply a question of possibilities so that I would be able to continue my case against the manufacturer if in-fact this was a defect.

Somehow, this was a big mistake. I got this run right up one side and down the other. I think the bottom line was something like: how dare you accuse me of leaving the door open, after all the latches on the door are broken.

OK, act 1 scene 2:

Again, I’m sitting on the couch watching reruns of Sanford and Son, a great 70’s sitcom. So, the phone rings. I see displayed (callerID), that it’s my wife’s friend Sandy (actual name and identify withheld for security reasons) and I announce that she’s on the phone. Note - my wife is presently knitting an afghan for another good friend of ours and also she is physically has the TV remote in her hand.. After a few rings, it stops and a conversation (discussion!?!?) begins, based on the fact that she didn’t answer the phone because the TV was so loud and she couldn’t hear. OOPS, did I forget to mention that she had the TV remote in her hand.

So, you can well imagine that the rest of the evening is not going real well...So, again I ask for the females of the blog world to chime in and please explain what the heck I just did wrong.

No comments: