Saturday, April 14, 2012

'i've Fallen Down and I can't get Up!"

I received this from Uncle Ron today. Looks like another has bitten the dust or at least tasted it a bit..
I quote Ron's email here and please wish him well and a fast recovery.


"I'll never laugh at this commercial again!!!!!

That's what happened to me last Monday morning when I went out to water my sunflower seedlings...They were sitting on my (Move anything) trailor in Margie's driveway...The hitch which was resting on the pavement reached ourt and grabbed the leg of my PJ's and I lurched and twisted and fell on my left hip...BAM!!! It hurt...Thankfully I had my cell phone and dialed...MARGIE...

She gave me a pillow and called 911 for me...That happened at 8:30 AM...by 6:30 PM I was in and out to the Operating Room and had a 9 inch steel rod in my femur bone...and a three inch one to anchor it...

I spent 4 days at the Lexington Cty Hospital and they have sent me to "Health South" for rehabilitation...That's where I'm now...They're giving me plenty of pyshical theropy..."OUCH"...beleive me...ouch...ouch ouch...etc....

Don't send flowers...If you have time and you're not too far away...then "COME ON DOWN!!!"...No really...If you would like to visit me I would love to see you...Anyone in Canada and New York State and Georgia,and Florida...just stay where you are at...I'll understand


I have used the Bcc address catagory to send this so I hope your addresses are secure...

I may be here for a week or two...

I'll check my e-mail tomorrow to see if this one got through...

Love to all of you...

Uncle Ron"

1 comment:

TC [Girl] said...

Wow! Please tell Uncle Ron that I'm praying for a speedy recovery! AMAZING!

Last fall, (hm! Never realized the irony of that, alone! lol!) I also fell...2 DAYS IN A ROW!! Banged up my arms and knees but, thankfully, nothing more! I was on flat shoes and terrain, on my own sidewalk, no less, which was quite odd, for me, because it's quite a rare event...my falling. :-/ That would be pretty WILD to have to have surgery and put all those rods in, though. Bummer!

Thanks for sharing, Tommy. I really appreciate it!