Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fauxtographor - for what ails you (sort of)

Thanks to Ken.

Update: Well, it seems that there is such a thing as a fauxtopraphor. EO has pointed this out to me (thanks big guy). So according to the Urban Dictionary, and I quote here:

"A person who tries to jump on the photography band-wagon by "Pointing-and-shooting" hundreds of terrible pictures, which they will upload to myspace in an album titled "My Photography", "My Art", or "Critique My work". Always followed up by the person adding "Photography" to their General section, or adding "Photography is my life..." to their About Me.

Bulletin posted at 5;34 by Jake: "Guys check out my photography"
Bulletin posted at 5: 41 by Jake: "C'mon guys I'm a photographer now, check it out"

Joseph: Jake the composition of your pictures are terrible... It looks like you just pointed your camera at whatever flowers or animals or graffiti you saw.... Plus half of them are out of focus, and as it got darker, you didn't change your exposure settings and these pictures didn't come out at all... It looks to me like you are a pseudo-photographer, a fauxtographer."


2 comments:

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Ooh, try googling fauxtographor, you're way high.

I still don't get what it's supposed to be though.

Tommy said...

Googled (yes that's a verb) and updated. Thanks for pointing this out EO.