Friday, March 19, 2010

Millbrook Historical Society

Last night I had the pleasure of presenting the Walkway Over the Hudson picture and story presentation to the MillBrook Historical Society. When I was first asked to do this by my friend Fred, who had to run to Florida for a week, I was a little nervous about doing it. First I had never made the presentation before and also, this was to a Historical Society. I thought that it was kind of like preaching to the choir. These people know history, who the heck am I to try and show them anything about it?

However, as it turned out, it was a total success. I was very relaxed doing the presentation and could actually answer all of their questions, of which there were many.

Again, I've been shown that sometimes you just need to face your fears and jump in with both feet. You tend to know more than you realize. It was a real boost to hear the clapping and thank-you's for a great job.

No comments: