Monday, October 18, 2010

Pulled-Pork yesterday (updated)

I made pulled-pork yesterday and it is sooo goooood!! A friend of mine from North Carolina said that this is the best that he's had and that's a great compliment. I really don't want to post the recipe here, but we got it from Bon Appetit magazine, the July 1999 issue. The recipe is called Carolina Pulled-Pork Sandwiches. Maybe it's on-line somewhere, I don't know.

Basically, a rub is applied to the pork and kept in the refrigerator overnight. Then it goes onto the smoker for about 6 hours, during which it is mopped every 45 minutes. Then it cools a bit and gets shredded (pulled) with a fork.

If you like pulled-pork, I can highly recommend this one.

Uncle Ron found the recipe for Carolina Pulled-Pork Sandwiches on-line. Thanks Ron.

2 comments:

Uncle Ron said...

Tommy

I live in South Carolina where BBQ is alive and well...

I think I found your recipe here...

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Carolina-Pulled-Pork-Sandwiches-101803

Let mr know if I'm right...My mouth is watering already...

Tommy said...

Yes, that is it. We love it. As a side, it can be hot so watch the black pepper and cayene pepper.

Otherwise, enjoy.

By the way, we had your "Uncle Ron's 2-2-2-2-2 Pancakes" along with Sausages for Dinner last night. It's a a very easy recipe, even I could do it. Also, they were very good, thanks.

By the way (note I am not a cook) we subscribe to Martha Stewarts magazine, Everyday Food. They have easy and good recipes in it. We had a great Roasted Mushroom, Barley and Beef soup. Again, it was easy to do and yumme. Of course I did get help with the barley from my wife. :-)