Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Eye's have it

It seems that I have been fascinated with beautiful eyes since I was a kid. My first experience was with a second, third or something cousin. She had the most beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair. I was mesmerized with her. I remember riding in a car sitting next to her and our legs actually touched. What a magical moment! But being a shy, pimply faced kid I didn't dare to utter a word. I just sat there and fantasized about her. I use the word fantasize, but it certainly wasn't sexual in nature. Remember shy, pimply faced kids couldn't fathom such a thought. As a side; I saw her as an adult about 20 years ago and I certainly can see where my love for blue eyes came from, but lest I regress. :-)

Then another experience happened to me, maybe 17 or 18 years ago. I was attending a weekend long group help thing. One of the exercises was to stand and stare into a partner’s eyes for an extended period of time without looking away. WOW, what an experience that was. I partnered with an older black woman and by the time we stopped looking, I think we were both in love. It was really interesting because you went through different stages, like fright, laughter, joy, sadness. Just from looking intently into another’s eyes. In the beginning, I thought how dumb can this be, But by the end, I didn't want to stop.

So, that kind of explains my fascination for beauty within women's eyes. Now let's jump to more current times. For some time now, as you may know, I have subscribed to DOMAI, which is a web site of "joyful nudes of beautiful women". While looking at the images, I started paying attention to the eyes and started setting aside some of these pictures, just to enjoy. Somestimes I feel like I can almost see clear into their soul with these wonderful closeups. It is a chance to really look into one's eyes without being questioned at all about motives. Can you imagine staring into a pretty girls eye's and the responce you might get. For me, it's an ugly picture indeed :-(. So with DOMAI founder's Eolake Stobblehouse permission, I have put together a couple of collages that I like. First I gathered together a bunch of images, cropped them to just their face and then secondly I cropped them again to just their eyes. Let me know what you think or have I fallen off the edge on this one? You can click for a bigger image.

First, here are their faces.



And now just the eyes.

8 comments:

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

It's hard to say what works best.

Good post, thanks.

Anonymous said...

yes thats beautiful eyes

Anonymous said...

DOMAI is fascinating to me in this way: these are pictures of beautiful women in the nude, and yet the pictures of highest merit -- the ones that I remember -- are the ones where the model looks right at the camera. Invariably, those are the pictures that, to me, best express the joyfulness of the nude.

Anonymous said...

I love DOMAI nudes overall but I do tend to have a special appeciation for some "head and shoulder" and "head and upper torso" photographs!

Tommy said...

Anonymous - It seems that I am not the only one that really appreciates those head, shoulder and upper body shots. While, I certainly appreciate the entire package, it's the upper that really does it for me. And, those eyes!!!

FYI, EO are you listening? :-)

Anonymous said...

Honestly, the eye collage just looks creepy to me. No, a woman's eyes are not the only thing I want to see, but a beautiful woman's face along certainly is more erotic than the 'faceless' nude photographs one often sees.

Uncle Ron said...

Reminds me of a song...click here to find out what it is...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sahHSNy_Uk&feature=player_embedded

and enjoy the video...

Tommy said...

Excellent Ron...:-)