Saturday, September 11, 2010

I resigned from the Kiwanis Club

Over the years as a member of the Kiwanis Club I have tried to introduce new ideas and concepts into the fundraising efforts of the club. It was always my desire to move from a sales model (selling things) to an event model (one that people come to us). I guess really the first attempt was working with Renee Hargrave on the auctions. Then there was the Fall Festival and last but not least the Walk the Walkway for Kids. Over the span of about 15 or 16 years, it has become very evident to me that the direction of the club, as defined by its membership, does not fall into alignment with my personal goals or methods of approaching fundraising projects.

The goals of Kiwanis in general are very admirable and worthwhile. The local community in is great need for these services. Simply look at the Kingston and Saugerties clubs, they have achieved their spot in their communities and do wonderful work.

So with reluctance, I hereby officially resign my membership from the Kiwanis Club of Poughkeepsie.

No comments: