Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On my way to Mom's soon

Well, I'll be heading east son for another visit with my mother. I'll be kind of checking up as well, just to see that she's ok. You know I have kind of befriended a business associate and we are sharing parent stories. She's in Florida right now caring for her elderly father. I believe that he's gong to move back to his home this week and then have people come in to watch and care for him. Both she and her brother live out of state, so it's kind of tough as he is not really doing well and the future is dim at best.

I try to give her encouraging words, in whatever capacity that I can. I honestly care. You know, as I type this a thought came to mind concerning her reaching out to me, which she certainly does. I'm not receptive to that at all. I kind of just want to sit in my corner and to be left alone. I'd don't like talking about it a lot. It's like, it's private stuff or something like that. I was brought up by an old very New England family outside of Boston. I know that they didn't share or show feelings much at all. I wonder if this is where my protectiveness came from.

Who knows what this visit will bring. I never know.

No comments: