Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Supreme Court decision

My intent of this blog was not and continues not to be political. However I feel that I need to say something about the recent decision of the Supreme Court, opening the gates for corporations to give as much money to political races as they want to.

To me, I feel that we were just sold out. I have always held the court in the highest standards, but now I realize that it's for sale. This leaves me feeling very vaunerable and depressed. You see this decision means that now big business (big money) can decide who gets elected and who doesn't. This is not what the founders of this country wanted and I don't think that any normal thinking citizen would want this either.

It's interesting, when the corporation was first invented, it could not own anything, no property, nothing. That was changed with money. Now, the corporations can own the country. It might just be time to leave.

No comments: