Sunday, July 17, 2011

The new addition


So, I haven't been blogging much lately. Here's the reason... We're putting an addition on our house and it's consuming all of my time. In the evening, I'm just plain tuckered out and need to rest for the next day.. :-(

Here is where it started. This metal shed had caved in this winter due to the heavy snow.. So I had to remove the shed. What fun that was in the sweltering heat, cutting it up with a sawsall (or however you spell that).



And then the tree had to come down, without hitting the house. Again, in the sweltering heat. :-(



So, this is where it is now. It's moving up. :-) Of course, notice how neat and clean our front yard is being kept during all this.



Oh and did I mention that we're have a new heating/cooling system put in the house, including all new ductwork. Such that the inside looks pretty much like the outside. My wife loves it, NOT.


2 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

WOW! Well..."when it RAINS, it POURS," doesn't it, Tommy?! ;-) That's the word on this end of the land, anyway! :-( Go figure: you guys are having to deal with ALL that in the sweltering heat and...Ray and I are just DYING from Vitamin D deficiency waiting for the SUN to even peek out, on the west coast! :-/

That'll be nice to have the new AC in! We had to replace our heat pump system, last summer, too. Spendy bugger! Firewood for next winter? :-) Perhaps take yer Honey for a little surprise overnighter (I know; like anyone can afford that, after ALL that you guys are doing, right now, but...I think it'll be worth it! You can thank me, later, for suggesting it! :-D when you finally get a break from all this!

Are you doing the add-on all by your lonesome or are you contracting? Hang in there, friend! :-)

Uncle Ron said...

That's a cool looking house Tommy...I would love to see the inside...

It reminds me of a house that belonged to a famous illustrator back in the '60s...His name was William A Smith...and he lived in an old barn which was converted to a house and studio...near New Hope PA...

Good luck on your new addition...