Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sorry for my absence (not my fault though)

Maybe you've noticed that I haven't been posting lately. Of course this is sort of egotistical of me I guess, assumeing that there is anyone interested in reading my thoughts, etc... :-)

Oh well. So onto the excuse.. I have recently updated my web browser from Internet Explorer version 8 to version 9 and I didn't really connect the dots as to why I'm all of a sudden unable to post messages to the blog. I did some research today and have discovered that this is a problem a lot of people are having.

So you see, it really isn't my fault as I was just trying to stay up to date. Fortunately, I have more than one computer in the house and I had only updated the one. So, using this one I can again do my happy stuff.

Glad to be back.. :-)

3 comments:

Ray said...

A question for you:-

When you updated from IE8 to IE9,
did you uninstall IE8 before installing IE9? It isn't absolutely required, but it might not be a bad idea. The IE8 that originally came with Windows 7 was a special version they made for Windows 7, and they did not recommend trying to use the regular issue for other operating systems.

If you still can't post to your blog from IE9, I'd start fresh and uninstall any and all I.E. versions you may have on it, and then re-install I.E.9 so there will be no likelihood of a conflict between old and new, just in case that was the problem.

The new IE9 works OK on my Win-7,
so it must be something fairly simple, if you can pinpoint it.

Tommy said...

Thanks Ray, good idea. When I get a minute I'll give this a try over the weekend.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

TC [Girl] said...

I, simply, don't update unless I absolutely have to! Usually, I only update...when I need a new computer! :-D My last laptop lasted me and unheard of 6 YEARS! The dudes couldn't believe that I had had it as long as that! :-)

Glad you're back up and running, Tommy! :-D