Friday, February 5, 2010

The Cable Guy

So, I've been sitting here all day (it's now 1:30pm) waiting for the cable guy to arrive. I had an appointment slot from 8:00-11:00am. I guess he got here somewhere around the 11 O'clock hour. He's this big Jamican guy that trompted right into the house and onto the carpeting with big his wet and muddy boots on first. Then he travels around the house, sounding like a bull in a china shop (no kidding) trying to replace the current set top boxes with his and he ain't too gentle about it either. Of course, there are problems here and there and then he hooked up the phone (was on FIOS). Just for the heck of it I punched in the access number to see what your phone number is to verify that it was in fact mine. WRONG! I have no idea who's number it is, but it's not close to mine. Then he wants me to remove a cable splitter that's burried within the cabinets/mantle over the fireplace. WRONG! Then we turn on the projection tv and the picture is clear as a bell. WRONG! Then I tried to adjust the volumn on the TV in the living room. Surprise, surprise, it DON'T work. Then I tried to set up my email. He didn't leave me with any account information. It's getting BETTER! Now, he said that he's got to go and straighten our the phone number and will be back within an hour. WRONG! It's been almost 2 hours. I don't know why he could simply call the office, but who am I to question?

I'm starting to think that I really screwed up and made a VERY stupid mistake just to save $50 a month. Or at least it's $50 according to the salesman anyway. Of course, that's yet to be seen.

Oh and yes, I have 3 customers waiting for me to work on their computers. It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood!

No comments: